MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Logan Forsythe may be best known

Второй форум - можете его удалить или переименовать.
Это ваш сайт - поэтому делайте все, что пожелаете!
laiyongcai92

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Logan Forsythe may be best known

Сообщение laiyongcai92 » 01 фев 2019, 05:24

by Minnesota fans as the player who replaced fan favorite Brian Dozier.The lone major leaguer of the three players the Dodgers sent to the Upper Midwest on July 31 for the second baseman http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/d.j.-swearinger-jersey , Forsythe has filled in capably.Forsythe had three RBIs, the Minnesota bullpen tossed 5 1/3 shutout innings and the Twins beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-4 Wednesday.In 13 games with Minnesota, Forsythe is hitting .386 with six multi-hit games. He had eight in 70 games this season with the Dodgers.“It’s about consistency and these guys throwing me out there every day and letting me play my game is luckily paying off getting some hits and playing some good ball,” he said.Oliver Drake, Gabriel Moya (3-0), Tyler Duffey and Taylor Rogers allowed five hits and struck out three before Trevor Hildenberger picked up his third save in four chances.Minnesota is 16-4 in its past 20 home games.Josh Harrison had three hits for the Pirates, who were 2 for 15 with runners in scoring position. Pittsburgh has dropped three straight.Forsythe’s two-run single off reliever Edgar Santana (2-2) highlighted a three-run sixth as the Twins took a 5-4 lead.“He just has a calmness about situational hitting. He knows how to execute, he knows how to put the ball in play for a chance to get guys in from third, hits the ball up the middle really well,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said.Pirates starter Chris Archer retired 10 straight batters before giving up back-to-back singles, including an RBI by Jorge Polanco, to start the sixth Steven Wright Jersey , ending his day.Acquired from Tampa Bay on July 31, Archer allowed four earned runs and six hits in five innings. In his first three starts with the Pirates, Archer has allowed nine earned runs in 14 1/3 innings.“They had some productive at-bats,” he said. “They fouled some, they had some good takes. But I got to be better than that. I am better than that. And I will be better than that.”Minnesota starter Jose Berrios allowed four runs — three earned — as he labored through 3 2/3 innings, his shortest start since April 29.After a 1-2-3 first, Pittsburgh had at least two runners on in three straight innings, with a two-run single by Gregory Polanco putting the Pirates up 4-2 in the fourth. Elias Diaz homered to start the inning.Berrios has allowed nine earned runs in 12 2/3 innings in three August starts.NIGHT AND DAYBerrios is 8-2 with a 2.79 ERA in 13 nights starts this season, but 3-6 with a 4.91 ERA in 12 day starts. Both his complete games have been during the day.ROUGH DAYPittsburgh C Francisco Cervelli was hit by a pitch for a team-high 11th time in the second inning. One inning later, he fouled a ball off his foot — and took a minute to walk it off — before striking out on a called third strike at the knees. He briefly jumped up and down and said a few words to umpire Doug Eddings.In the fifth, Cervelli tagged Joe Mauer on what he thought was a third strike and took a couple of steps to the dugout. However, Eddings called it a ball http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-craig-kimbrel-jersey , leading to another discussion.WEST IS SECOND BESTUmpire Joe West worked his 5,164th career game, passing Bruce Froemming for second all time. Bill Klem worked 5,375.“We got Dom Perignon for him. The base he worked. It’ll never happen again, ever. … It’s history. No one is close enough to ever get there again,” Eddings said.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: CF Starling Marte missed the game with an illness. … SS Jordy Mercer, who left Tuesday’s came with left calf discomfort, did not play.Twins: OF Robbie Grossman, on the disabled list since Aug. 6 with a right hamstring strain, will go to Triple-A Rochester on a rehab assignment. The plan is for him to DH Thursday, then play a couple of games in the outfield before being evaluated.UP NEXTPirates: Face division-leading Chicago at PNC Park Thursday to begin a four-game series with RHP Ivan Nova (7-6, 4.42 ERA) scheduled to start the opener.Twins: RHP Ervin Santana (0-1 David Price Jersey , 6.53) takes to the hill Thursday when Minnesota opens a four-game home series against Detroit. TORONTO (AP) — Houston is heating up as October approaches.The Astros clinched another AL West title and reached 100 wins for the second straight season, beating the Toronto Blue Jays 4-1 Tuesday night behind Alex Bregman’s two-run homer.Houston improved to 100-57 and was assured of first place hours later when second-place Oakland (95-63) lost at Seattle. The Astros will open the Division Series at home against Cleveland on Oct. 5.Astros manager A.J. Hinch, said he would not stay up to watch the outcome of the Athletics game.“I’m going to go to bed,” he said. “Do you hear my voice? I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and figure it out.”The Astros need three wins in their final five games to break the franchise record for victories in a season, set in 1998.“I’m proud of this team, and they’re not done yet,” Hinch said. “To be at 100 and climbing is remarkable for this team, and we should be very proud.”Houston is 18-4 in September and 54-22 on the road, both best in the major leagues.“We really haven’t played our best baseball until lately,” Bregman said. “That’s a good sign heading into the postseason. I think we’re in a good spot right now.”Roberto Osuna needed just six pitches in the ninth for his 20th save in 21 chances. Earlier Tuesday, assault charges against Osuna were dropped because the complainant, who lives in Mexico http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-mookie-betts-jersey , made clear she would not travel to Toronto to testify. Osuna agreed to stay away from the alleged victim for one year and continue counseling.Traded from Toronto to Houston in July, Osuna was booed by Blue Jays fans for the second straight game, starting with when he entered and then in between pitches. Speaking through a translator, Osuna said he was untroubled by the negative reaction.“When I came into the game I was focused on what I had to do, so it didn’t affect me,” he said.Josh James (2-0) allowed one run and four hits in five innings in his third big league start.“It was probably the least efficient outing of his young career,” Hinch said. “He had to battle through some delivery issues.”Bregman went 2 for 5 and extended his club-record streak of reaching base safely on the road to 53 games, then longest since 59 in a row by the New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter in 2006 and 2007.Bregman hit his 31st homer, a two-run drive in the first off Sam Gaviglio. Billy McKinney’s sixth homer cut the gap in half in the third, but Houston widened its lead in the sixth when Tyler White chased Gaviglio with an RBI single and pinch-hitter Evan Gattis had a sacrifice fly off Danny Barnes.Gaviglio (3-9) allowed four runs — three earned — and six hits in five-plus innings, his fifth straight winless outing. With Toronto’s starting rotation dealing with injuries all season, Gaviglio has made a career-high 23 starts for the Blue Jays Brock Holt Jersey , winning twice.“It’s been a good experience, a lot of learning,” he said. “I wish I could have been a little more consistent.”PRESSLY IMPRESSINGAstros RHP Ryan Pressly struck out Toronto’s Justin Smoak on three pitches to leave the bases loaded in the seventh. Pressly has not allowed a run in his past 20 games.“I love Pressly against anybody in the league right now,” Hinch said. “He has effective breaking balls and he’s got 96-97 if he needs it.”TRAINER’S ROOMAstros: SS Carlos Correa (back) missed his sixth straight game. Correa is expected to return Wednesday and start at designated hitter.Blue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez had season-ending surgery Tuesday on his troublesome right index finger and is expected to be ready for spring training. The surgery was performed in Los Angeles by Dr. Steven Shin. The Blue Jays did not disclose the specifics of the surgery or say what it was intended to repair. Sanchez went 4-6 with a 4.89 ERA in 20 starts, including a 1-1 record and 6.04 ERA in five starts after returning from a 54-game absence. Sanchez was hurt hours before a June 21 start at the Los Angeles Angels when his finger got caught in a suitcase. … INF Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (strained left hamstring) will miss the rest of the season. Gurriel was injured running out a ground ball in the first inning Monday.UP NEXTAstros RHP Chris Devenski (2-2, 4.12) makes his first start of the season Wednesday following 47 relief appearances. RHP Sean Reid-Foley (2-4, 5.40) starts for the Blue Jays in Toronto’s home finale.

Вернуться в «Второй форум»