Baseball Hall of Famer

Второй форум - можете его удалить или переименовать.
Это ваш сайт - поэтому делайте все, что пожелаете!
laiyongcai92

Baseball Hall of Famer

Сообщение laiyongcai92 » 01 фев 2019, 06:17

Willie McCovey died on Wednesday at the age of 80.Per Steve Kroner and John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-corey-knebel-jersey , McCovey died at Stanford Hospital following a "long battle with many health issues."The San Francisco Giants confirmed McCovey's death with a message on Twitter:San Francisco Giants SFGiantsIt is with great sadness that we announce that San Francisco Giants Legend and Hall of Famer Willie McCovey passed away peacefully this afternoon at the age of 80 after losing his battle with ongoing health issues.#Forever44 | #SFGiants ooOYg4ESolKroner and Shea noted McCovey was hospitalized last week after developing an infection.McCovey was previously rushed to a hospital in September 2014 after contracting an infection that nearly took his life."It almost killed me," McCovey told Shea in January. "It had spread, and they had to take all the hardware out of my knees. That's why I can't stand now. That's why they put something in there to keep my legs straight. That's why I don't fly anymore, because I can't sit on an airplane.""Stretch" spent 19 of his 22 MLB seasons with the Giants. He was named to six All-Star teams Yovani Gallardo Jersey , won NL Rookie of the Year award in 1959 and was named NL MVP in 1969. The Alabama native hit 521 career homers, tied for 20th in MLB history, and was voted to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1986. A Mickey Mantle jersey from the 1964 World Series has been sold at auction for $1.32 million.It was the jersey Mantle wore when he homered in Games 6 and 7 at St. Louis to give him 18 for his career, a World Series record that still stands. He also homered in Game 3 at home to break a tie with Babe Ruth.The winning bid shattered the previous mark for a Mantle jersey — $486 Eric Thames Jersey ,000 last year for a road jersey from his final season in 1968. A Ruth jersey from 1920 has the record at $4.415 million in an auction in 2012.Also part of Heritage Auctions’ Summer Sports Collectibles offerings was a 1952 Topps Mantle rookie card from a collection owned by a New Jersey man and his brother . The two men went through their old card collection after seeing former NFL player Evan Mathis get $2.88 million for a Mantle card from the same year that was graded a Mint 9 by PSA, one of the leading sports memorabilia authenticators.The brothers found five Mantle cards from 1952, with the best of the collection, a PSA Near-Mint 8.5 Glenn Robinson Jersey , going for $810,000 in this auction. Two Mantle cards from the brothers’ collection were sold by Heritage last month — a PSA 7.5 for $200,000 and a PSA 5 for $72,000. Two more — a PSA 7 estimated at $100 http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-manny-pina-jersey ,000 and another PSA 5 estimated at $40,000 — will be sold at auction in the fall.

Вернуться в «Второй форум»