Help Support The NLSC!

Второй форум - можете его удалить или переименовать.
Это ваш сайт - поэтому делайте все, что пожелаете!
blaise84

Help Support The NLSC!

Сообщение blaise84 » 08 мар 2019, 17:08

I'm happy to report that the move to our new host was a success! The NLSC has actually been on its new server for a couple of weeks, but we did experience a couple of teething problems while we made sure everything was set up as before. However, everything should now be working: the main site, the Forum, the Downloads section, our upload facilities, and the Wiki. Thanks go out to the techs who helped us move everything over to our new home!

As I mentioned when I announced the move, we are now paying for our own hosting. Previously, we received dedicated hosting in exchange for advertising space, but such generous deals basically aren't on offer these days. Because we are a non-profit website, we're appealing to the community to help us pay for our hosting moving forward, to ensure that we can continue to provide all of the same facilities as before. This requires us to utilise dedicated hosting, rather than cheaper shared hosting, as the latter does not allow for those facilities.

We're currently paying around $90 US per month for our dedicated hosting. If twenty people are willing to contribute $5 US per month, we'll be able to completely cover the costs and keep doing what we're doing for a long time to come. Should there be any funds left over, I'd like to put that money to use for monthly giveaways, and developing new content.

If you're willing and able to contribute to the hosting fund, you may do so through Patreon or GoFundMe. A huge thank you to the individuals who have contributed so far; your support is greatly appreciated! If you don't have the means to chip in, that's quite alright; we hope that you'll support us by continuing to visit the NLSC on a regular basis, and enjoying all of our features, facebook cover video and content.

As previously mentioned, the NLSC will not be charging for downloads or any of our other content or facilities, nor putting anything behind a premium paywall. Because we're a non-profit site, we just need a little help paying the bills, if we want to keep providing the community with file hosting facilities, a Forum, and everything else that we do here at the NLSC.

For more information on the move and the hosting fund, please check out the FAQ below. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding during the move. It took a little longer than I hoped, and we had to fix a few things up once we got to our new home, but it's back to business as usual, and onward and upward from here on out!

Вернуться в «Второй форум»