Who made the better pick?

Второй форум - можете его удалить или переименовать.
Это ваш сайт - поэтому делайте все, что пожелаете!
zhangzk

Who made the better pick?

Сообщение zhangzk » 30 авг 2019, 11:05

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Eagles StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Eagles NewsYahoo Eagles Team PageYahoo Eagles ReportYahoo Eagles Depth ChartYahoo Eagles TransactionsYahoo Eagles PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旴reaking NewsThe Eagles' 2019 draft class is finalized 脳NFL Mock Draft 2019: Mel Kiper and Todd McShay each make three picks for the Eagles New Black Ron Jaworski Jerseys ,171commentsWho made the better pick? EDTShareTweetShareShareNFL Mock Draft 2019: Mel Kiper and Todd McShay each make three picks for the Eagles Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY SportsNFL draft analysts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay recently teamed up for a new ESPN Insider mock where they each made one selection for every pick in the first two rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft.The Eagles obviously have three picks in the first two rounds so that means there’s a total of six selections here for Philadelphia. Let’s take a look.MEL KIPERWe’ll start off with Kiper’s picks first. Abram is who Kiper previously had the Eagles picking in his Version 3.0 mock draft. Again, I have a hard time envisioning Philly drafting a box safety with their first-round pick. If the Eagles are looking for an eventual Jenkins replacement, I think they’d be looking at safeties who excel in coverage, especially given those type of defenders are the prospects the Eagles have been showing pre-draft interest in. I’d also like to note Kiper has the Eagles passing on Cody Ford here to take Abram. The Eagles have been showing a lot of interest in Howard this offseason. They met with him at the Senior Bowl, the Combine, and at their own facility for an official pre-draft visit. Philly could look to hedge their bet on Jordan Mailata by drafting another developmental tackle prospect like Howard and hoping for the best. It’s easy to imagine the Eagles drafting a linebacker at some point this year since they don’t have an established starter in the middle of the defense. Okereke might be a reach here though with various scouting reports pegging him as more of a Day 3 pick.Overall, not overly thrilled with this haul from Kiper.TODD MCSHAYI’d be surprised to see the Eagles take a first-round cornerback given that they already have six corners who seem very likely to make the roster (barring trade) in 2019: Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, Avonte Maddox, Rasul Douglas, Sidney Jones, Cre’Von LeBlanc. Darby and Mills are coming off injuries suffered in 2018 but they’re very much in the starting picture when healthy. Where does a rookie corner fit into that picture? I’m just not seeing it. I can understand the argument for the long-term need at corner. Darby and Mills will both be free agents after this year. Jones is very much injury prone. Maddox might be more of a nickel while Douglas has been up and down. But the Eagles’ actions this offseason are one of a team that’s really making an aggressive push to win in 2019. It doesn’t seem like drafting a first-round corner lines up with that goal. With that said, the Eagles ARE reportedly hosting Baker on a pre-draft visit, so I guess it’s not impossible they take him. If he’s CLEARLY the best player by far remaining on the board at No. 25, they should take him (or trade down). There’s just no need to force a pick at corner, though.Sanders is an interesting prospect because there’s some thought he has untapped potential, especially as a pass catcher. He only had 32 receptions for 193 yards (low 6.0 average) and one touchdown for Penn State but he also had to deal with playing behind Saquon Barkley for two years. The Eagles should absolutely be looking for a dynamic, pass-catching back in the 2019 NFL Draft to pair with Howard. Sanders boasts quality athleticism and skills to believe he can be an early contributor in the Eagles’ running back rotaiton. There could be hope for him to eventually be the 1A in Philly’s system.Thornhill, listed as a corner here Ron Jaworski Jerseys 2019 , is a safety prospect that makes sense for the Eagles. Philly hosted him on a pre-draft visit and it’s not hard to see why they’re interested in him. Thornhill logged 26 passes defensed and 13 interceptions in four years at Virginia; he’s a play-maker. Thornhill’s versatility makes him a potential replacement for Jenkins (unlike the aforementioned Abram). Overall, this haul seems preferable to what Kiper gave the Eagles. Even despite the first-round corner quandary. So, what do you think? Who has the better pick for the Eagles? Checking out all the Eagles’ draftees that they didn’t draft"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Eagles StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Eagles NewsYahoo Eagles Team PageYahoo Eagles ReportYahoo Eagles Depth ChartYahoo Eagles TransactionsYahoo Eagles PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Philadelphia Eagles Full UDFA ReviewNew,51commentsChecking out all the Eagles’ draftees that they didn’t draftEDTShareTweetShareSharePhiladelphia Eagles Full UDFA ReviewDerik Hamilton-USA TODAY SportsThe UDFA period is such a fun one. It’s like a treasure hunt: there’s always a few valuable pieces to be found, and predicting just who sticks is a hopeful exercise, even if it’s just a step above a guessing game.The Eagles got some decent contributions out of their UDFA class last year, as Josh Adams, Chandon Sullivan, and Bruce Hector all saw playing time, while Joe Ostman and Asantay Brown proved practice squad heroes. Taking a gander at this year’s squad, we can circle more than a few names with a decent shot at an NFL role — no matter how small — in 2019.Potential 53-man roster guysRyan Bates, OL, Penn StateT.J. Edwards, the Wisconsin linebacker, was listed by many as the biggest name the Eagles signed in free agency — but for my money, Bates is the likeliest to stick. A great athlete and natural mover in space, Bates can do everything the Eagles ask from their guards and centers in the run game.Does he have enough of a pass-protection anchor to stick in the league? A year of NFL strength coaching may help in that regards.I don’t think Bates is a player you’ll be able to sneak onto your practice squad, given the thirst for offensive line talent in the league, but he did go undrafted. Either way Black Jay Ajayi Jerseys , expect the college tackle to train as a potential C backup with OG versatility as the Eagles prepare for life after Kelce.T.J. Edwards, LB, WisconsinEdwards is a between-the-tackles thumper, which is why he went undrafted — those players are a dime a dozen, especially in a changing NFL. Do the Eagles currently have that player on the roster? I’d argue Paul Worrilow is likely the player for that role on their roster, but if he hasn’t fully recovered from his injury last offseason, Edwards could beat him outright.Edwards is a smart player and steady tackler, and you appreciate that in your depth guys. I’m not sure his athleticism is enough that he can be anything more than a backup MIKE that necessitates a change in your LB deployment — think Dannell Ellerbe from a couple seasons ago. Special teams value would be huge here.Iosua Opeta, iOL, Weber StateA defensive line convert with the athleticism to match his role, Opeta first gained people’s attention when he threw up 39 reps on the bench at the Combine, to go with a 5.02s 40-yard dash, 33” vertical, and 9’4 broad jump (all 90+ percentile scores). Opeta’s raw as sushi from a tape perspective, but what he brings in terms of ability in space is enough to get teams like Philadelphia excited.Opeta’s shot at the 53-man is super narrow, but look at it much like Jordan Mailata last season: if they think he’s too promising to expose to waivers, they’ll protect him by keeping him on the team. Practice Squad CandidatesJamalcolm Liggins, CB, Dickinson StateHaven’t seen any film on Liggins Jay Ajayi Jerseys 2019 , but the NAIA product was the subject of this SI article because of the attention he was receiving for his unlikely rise to NFL interest. Coming from such a weak level of competition and behind a thick CB room, Liggins is likely a guy you sit and develop for his physical tools.Nate Herbig, iOL, StanfordSpeaking of physical tools, Nate “Big Island” Herbig is an absolute mammoth of a human being at 335 pounds, but his athletic testing disappointed and his tape tailed off after a promising freshman season for the Cardinal. Given his size, he may be a tackle convert and developmental piece accordingly.Delvon Randall, S, TempleWeird career arc for Randall, who had a ton of hype coming into the season off of a 80 tackle, 4 INT season with the Owls — and he improved his numbers in 2018, yet his hype tailed off as his athletic limitations were tested in coverage. Randall’s production is tough to argue with, however, and he’s by all reports a hard worker and high-character leader, and that’s a great guy to have on the practice team.Likely Camp BodiesUAB DT Anthony RushPenn State WR DeAndre ThompkinsWyoming RB Nico Evans (I kinda rock with him)Rutgers DT Kevin WilkinsStanford LB Joey AlfieriUSC DB Ajene Harris (I kinda rock with him)UC Davis LB Mason MoeArkansas iOL Johnny GibsonIowa iOL Keegan Render

Вернуться в «Второй форум»